The Former Residence of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the national key cultural relic protection unit, is located in Cuiheng Village, Nanlang Town. Sitting east, it covers an area of 500 square kilometers, with a construction area of 340 square meters. The construction was hosted by Dr. Sun Yat-sen with the money remitted by his elder brother Sun Mei from Honolulu in 1892. Featuring brick-wood construction, the former residence blends the styles of the east and the west, and the courtyard is surrounded by walls. The exterior is modeled on western architecture. On the upper floor of the building there are 7 aubrun decorative arches. The center of the eaves is decorated with light rings, under which there is an engraving of an eagle that holds a money ring. The interior buildings are designed in line with the traditional Chinese architecture, with the main hall in the center and two side rooms on both sides. The surrounding brick walls present grey color with white stitching, and the windows under the ridgepoles open against each other. Around the house there are gates leading to the streets, along which you could turn to the original starting point. On the front door hangs a couplet, saying ˇ°One residence for a family, peaceful residence for Wuguiˇ±, which was said to be written by Dr. Sun Yat-sen after the completion of construction. On the right side of the courtyard there is a well, the surrounding of which is the site of the old houses in which Dr. Sun Yat-sen was born on November 12, 1866.